How Are Beliefs The Key To Success And Failure?
Beliefs are what we tell ourselves about any given topic, rules or associations we have decided are true with absolute certainty.
Beliefs are influenced by many factors including your parents, society and all other outside influences that you adopted over the years.
Beliefs are the key to success and failure and they completely affect your journey in life.
Does this sound familiar?
- I’m not smart enough to start my own home business.
- I couldn’t be an Entrepreneur because I’ve always worked a 9 – 5 job.
- I’m not creative enough to be an Entrepreneur.
- What if I fail?
- I just have bad genes, it’s impossible to lose weight.
- My body just hangs onto fat, it always has.
- I’m not athletic, I could never do that race.
- I’m not very good at working out, so I could never look like that.
- I just don’t have any will power, so I could never eat healthy enough to lose weight.
- I’m not a morning person, I could never workout before work.
The list goes on and on!
These are all beliefs, things that you have TOLD yourself are true, or imaginary rules you have formed in your mind.
The Truth is you have the ability to change those “rules” right now!
Think deeply about this question:
Why have you put yourself in a box and limited your capabilities and potential?
Anyone can learn a new skill to be able to work from home and become an Entrepreneur.
An amazing example is one of the highest paid YouTubers, who is a child, that opens toys and reviews them for other kids. His family decided to create their channel with him at the center so he is an Entrepreneur now and he ‘works’ quite a bit for his age.
You Could Start To Change Your Belief
A good exercise for self-reflection on what you could possibly create is to sit down for 30 minutes and do a ‘brain dump’ on anything and everything you have knowledge about.
You’ll be surprised at all of the hidden talent you have buried away!! Evolve your talent or knowledge into a passion and then share it with the world.
Then there are Platforms where you can learn about all aspects for online marketing. The community is priceless as they all help each other throughout their entrepreneurial journey.
This meant I had to get up at 5:30 AM. At first I was like “Wow, that is SUPER early and kind of ridiculous!” — my BELIEF.
Early compared to what?
I’m not the ONLY person in the world getting up at that time! It’s only crazy and ridiculous if I tell myself it is!
There are other people around the world trying to get in shape that have to fit in a workout before work and they are getting up, so why can’t I?
This shift in mindset, my belief, made a world of difference.
It comes up in conversation about how early I get up and some people say, “Wow, I could never do that!” Their BELIEF.
But in truth, they could do a lot for their health if only they changed their belief about it!
Because they had programmed themselves to think “I’m not a morning person”, they never will be unless they decide not to believe that anymore.
We are what we believe.
How to Change a Belief:
- DECIDE to change a belief that is no longer serving you. What new feeling or rule are you going to associate with that particular topic? It’s like magic and the shift can happen right away!
- BELIEVE: This shift in association must be done with absolute certainty. You have to feel it with absolute certainty for it to take hold.
- REINFORCE this new belief. Each time you make it to the gym or eat a healthy meal–stop and recognize that and say to yourself:
See, I CAN do it!
I AM a morning person!
I AM able to eat healthy!
I AM able to lose weight!
I CAN learn online marketing!
I CAN BE AN ENTREPRENEUR!
The body achieves what the mind believes. Believe in yourself and the power you have to make anything possible.
As an Entrepreneur, getting up early allows you to ‘own your day’ with being productive to get your systems set up and automated.
It only requires intention and effort to change your beliefs so you can hit your goals in life while you still have a heartbeat. — Just Do It!
See You on the Side of Success!
Elaine & Helen